Seeking Roofers for crew work. Knowledge single-ply systems preferred. Work hours change with job location, time of year, weather, etc. Light overnight travel required (several times per year). Possession of OSHA 10-hr card strongly preferred. We will train if needed.
Roofers apply materials to the roofs of buildings. There are two types of roofs; flat and pitched (slanted).
Roofers cover flat roofs with a single layer of waterproof rubber or thermoplastic compounds. The roofers roll the sheets over the roof’s insulation and seal the seams. They apply adhesives or mechanical fasteners to keep the sheets in place.
On pitched roofs, roofers lay, cut, and tack strips of roofing felt to the roof. Then, starting from the bottom edge of the roof, they nail overlapping rows of shingles. They use chalk lines, the gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles to make sure the distance of overlap is correct. Roofers measure and cut felt and shingles to fit around vents, chimneys, and corners. They nail strips of metal or shingle over spots where shingles meet an object, such as a vent. Finally, roofers cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage.
Before beginning any roofing jobs, roofers remove debris from the surfaces to be covered. For some roofs, roofers remove old roofing layers. In addition to their roofing duties, they clean and maintain their equipment.
- Removing snow, water, or debris from roof before applying new roof.
- Cutting and removing old roofing systems from roof deck.
- Raking/shoveling gravel on roof.
- Loading materials onto roof.
- Cutting and installing insulation as required.
- Cutting roofing materials to size.
- Using various fasteners and adhesives.
- Operating various tools and equipment.
- Flashing walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces as required.
- Applying waterproofing materials by painting or spraying.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment.
- Staying on job site until roof can be made watertight when emergency situations arise.
- Performing activities that use the whole body.
- Handling and moving objects.
- Heavy lifting.
- Working in tight spaces.
- Ability to climb ladder.
Ability to perform all Roofer Essential Job Functions
- Job Security – we offer year-round work!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K/Profit Sharing, Vacation & Holidays
Notice to applicants:
- All job offers are contingent upon results of background/reference check, driver history, physical and illegal drug screen.
- Position is hourly.
- Valid driver’s license and clean history is a plus.
- Transportation from our shop to job sites is available.